Toloka claims to be an AI app that allows users worldwide to earn money in their spare time by completing small online tasks. But is this earning opportunity real or a scam? With mixed Toloka reviews online, it’s natural to be skeptical about its legitimacy.
In this comprehensive article, we dive deep into Toloka – how it works, payment options, user reviews and complaints – to uncover the truth and help you decide if it’s worth your time.
What is Toloka AI Earning App?
Toloka is an online platform developed by Yandex, a Russian multinational tech company. It presents itself as an AI training platform that pays users to complete tasks that help “improve artificial intelligence by marking data”.
These tasks involve labeling images, moderating content, taking surveys, transcribing audio, verifying data and more. Companies and developers outsource such microtasks to Toloka, which are then completed by ordinary users looking to earn money in their free time.
So in simple terms, Toloka serves as a connection between task requesters and global freelance task completers. The work users perform helps train AI algorithms while also earning them small amounts of money.
How Does Toloka Earning App Work?
Here’s a step-by-step overview of how Toloka’s earning system works:
- Sign Up: Users first need to create an account by providing personal details like name, email, phone number etc. This also involves setting up a Yandex account.
- Complete Training: Before accessing actual tasks, users need to pass initial training by completing sample tasks to demonstrate their understanding.
- Choose Tasks: Based on your locale, skills and eligibility, various tasks are available in your Toloka dashboard. Choose ones you are able to complete.
- Finish & Submit Tasks: Carefully follow instructions and complete the tasks. Submit your work on Toloka for review.
- Get Paid: If your work meets Toloka’s quality standards, you’ll be rewarded the promised amount for completed tasks.
- Withdraw Earnings: Accumulate your earnings in your Toloka wallet and withdraw to payment platforms like PayPal when ready.
So in essence, it works like any other microtask website – do small online jobs, submit work, get paid. The key difference is the tasks ultimately aid in developing AI.
What Payment Options Does Toloka Offer?
Toloka lets users withdraw earnings via the following payment methods:
- PayPal: The minimum payout is $0.02 and $1 for subsequent withdrawals within a week. One of the most used options.
- Skrill: $1 minimum for first withdrawal per week, $5 afterwards.
- Payoneer: $20 minimum withdrawal threshold.
- Papara (Turkey users): No minimum limit.
- Mobile balance (Russia users): For Beeline, MegaFon, MTS or Tele2 networks. No minimum.
So PayPal and Skrill allow small payments, while Payoneer has a high threshold. Payment processing fees are deducted from withdrawals.
Do note the payment options can vary by country, and can change anytime. Lack of payment methods is a common complaint among users globally, especially those from developing nations.
How Much Money Can You Earn from Toloka?
Determining the earning potential with Toloka is tricky because it depends on unpredictable factors like task availability and your specific user attributes.
Most tasks pay extremely minimally – just $0.10 to $1 per task typically. Some complex tasks may pay slightly higher around $1.
Considering the micro-payments per task, users need to complete a very high volume just to earn small amounts. Spending several hours may only yield $2-$5 for an average user.
Earnings of $10-$20 daily require consistent effort over many hours across days. Even villagers in the poorest regions typically earn more from manual labor.
But Toloka does not even guarantee users will have enough tasks available to earn consistently. Your location, demographics and unclear performance metrics like ratings affect the tasks you can access.
Some users suddenly find tasks disappearing or qualifications revoked for unknown reasons. So you may invest time without actually getting to earn.
While Toloka markets the platform as a flexible way to earn “wherever and whenever you want”, the extremely low pay per task simply does not rewarding the time spent for most people.
Use Toloka only for micro-earnings in your free time rather than relying on it to make substantial money. Have very realistic expectations about how much you can actually earn. For many, even $100 monthly earnings seem unrealistic despite Toloka’s claims.
Toloka AI Earn Money Online App User Reviews & Complaints
With context on how Toloka functions and pays, let’s now examine what actual users report about their experiences. Here are some key Toloka reviews and complaints from around the web:
- Easy to use interface and smooth workflows for completing tasks.
- Instructions and training helpful to understand task expectations.
- Legitimate site that does pay as long as work is done properly.
- Low minimum payment thresholds allowing small withdrawals.
- Accessibility to earn from anywhere at flexible times is beneficial.
- Sudden account blocking for unknown reasons, preventing access to earnings.
- Rejections of withdrawals for vague excuses, unable to get money out.
- Support unresponsive to complaints and gives automated replies.
- Very low earnings for time spent, often below minimum wage.
- Lack of transparency about performance, ratings, qualfications etc.
- Buggy systems and technical issues hampering work.
- Slow disappearing of tasks, inconsistent availability.
The most common Toloka complaints across reviews include:
- Account Blocking: Arbitrary account blocking without explanation is widely reported.
- Withdrawal Issues: Many users face rejected withdrawals with excuses like name mismatch.
- Poor Support: Support team rarely helps resolve complaints efficiently.
- Low Earnings: Extremely low pay not worthwhile for time spent.
- Lack of Transparency: Confusing systems around performance, access to tasks etc.
- Technical Problems: Bugs, lack of notifications, errors hamper user experience.
So in summary, while some users manage to earn small amounts, most have quite negative experiences largely around payments and technical issues.
The Verdict: Toloka AI Earn Online App is Real or Fake?
Considering how Toloka operates and analyzing user reports, here is an objective assessment of its legitimacy:
- It is not an outright scam, and does pay users who complete tasks diligently as per guidelines. The tasks serve a purpose for companies.
- However, the systems are opaque for users and sudden account blocks are unacceptable. Support rarely helps.
- The extremely low pay is disproportionate to time and effort required. Most can’t use it as a substantial earning source.
- Technical issues are unresolved and hamper user experience. Finding tasks consistently is also a challenge.
- Withdrawal and payment problems further diminish its reliability as an earning platform.
So in summary, while Toloka itself is not fake, the user experience is far from satisfactory for most people. Lack of transparency and disproportionately low pay compared to effort required makes it unreliable as a primary earning source.
Proceed with realistic expectations about actual earnings potential, and use it only as a side gig rather than main income stream.
Conclusion – Is Toloka Worth Your Time?
- Toloka presents AI training tasks that pay micro-amounts, but earnings potential is low for most users.
- Sudden account blocking and lack of support ruins the experience, even if work is done properly.
- Withdrawal issues like rejections and lack of payment methods further diminish its reliability.
- Extremely low pay is not proportionate to time and effort required for most tasks.
- While not completely fake, Toloka is opaque, unpredictable and frustrating for many users.
- Use it only for small side earnings, not as a serious income stream. Have realistic expectations about actual earnings.
- Research thoroughly, start slow and don’t invest major time without understanding your actual earning potential.
Toloka does provide an accessible way to earn micro-amounts in your spare time. But consider the numerous user complaints before relying on it heavily for income. Evaluate it objectively for yourself before committing major time or effort.
1. Is Toloka legit or a scam?
Toloka is a legitimate platform and not an outright scam, but it has opaque systems and very low pay that make it unreliable for many users. Proceed with realistic expectations.
2. What are the withdrawal options available on toloka?
Withdrawal methods include PayPal, Skrill, Payoneer etc. but users complain of rejections and lack of payment options. Minimum thresholds and fees apply.
3. Is Toloka safe to use?
There are risks involved given random account blocking and ID submission requirements. Use caution and don’t invest major time without understanding actual earnings potential.
4. Does Toloka work in the Philippines?
Toloka is accessible in the Philippines but earnings seem very low for time spent. Users report earning just pennies per hour of work. Better to find other options.
5. Is Toloka available in India?
Yes, Toloka is available globally including India. But users report lack of tasks and low earnings potential in India specifically.