Online shopping brings convenience but also risks from fraudulent sellers seeking to take advantage of unwary customers. We investigated the legitimacy and trustworthiness of Elevermint.store, which markets heavily discounted sports apparel and merchandise. After careful analysis, we found multiple red flags indicating this new site is likely a scam to avoid.
Our investigation uncovered details about Elevermint online store’s ownership, business operations, and practices that reveal an apparent scheme to defraud shoppers rather than a genuine retail business. We’ll summarize what we learned so you can protect yourself from potential fraud.
Overview of Elevermint.store Scam
Elevermint.store appeared in late November 2023 claiming to sell licensed sports gear and apparel from leagues like the NFL, NBA, and MLB. The site offers items like jerseys, jackets, and t-shirts for all major teams at suspiciously low flat rates of $68.99.
After a deep research we found that Elevermint is a fraudulent store which claims to sell legitimate sports jerseys and winter jacket of NFL, Soccer, MLB, NBA, NHL. They also sold popular players like Ronaldo, Lionel Messi, Neymar and other players jersey and sports appeal.
Considering it’s wide selection, it gives the illusion of a large-scale operation. However, our findings contradict that impression.
Revealing Dubious Domain and Company Details
We uncovered obscure and misleading ownership details hinting at deceitful intentions:
- The site’s domain registration occurred on November 17, 2023 through Iceland-based privacy company Withheld for Privacy ehf. The site had zero web presence or sales prior to this date.
- Contact information lists the email [email protected] twice as both the email and physical address. This email only auto-responds and traces back to the vacant lot shown as it’s location.
- No corporate designations or names associated with the business appear on official domain records. The site fails to list any real management, employees, stakeholders, or partners.
In essence, it lacks the expected transparency and verification of an authentic business. The vagueness around its operators should raise immediate suspicion.
Investigating Elevermint Store’s Fake Reviews and Endorsements
We found obvious signs showing reviews and “as featured on” endorsements are fabricated:
- Dates on all customer reviews listed on their site predate it’s domain registration date of November 17, 2023, proving they cannot be genuine. Reviews on the site appear completely fake and AI-generated.
- Despite claiming recognition from major magazines like Vibe, Essence, and Black Enterprise per an “As Seen On” badge, no such recommendations actually exist from those publishers based on searches.
These misleading marketing tactics aim to embellish Elevermint’s credibility through fakery and deception.
Analyzing Suspicious Practices Defining This Apparent Scam Business
Several business practices deviate far from the norms of legitimate retailers and demonstrate fraud in action:
- Prices like $68.99 for authentic, licensed team jerseys are implausibly low, even when factoring bulk wholesale rates and thin margins. This tactic hooks bargain seekers.
- Urgency tactics like time-limited 10% discounts pressure customers to buy quickly before closely evaluating the business. High-pressure sales are common in scams.
- Only payment options are bank transfers through systems lacking fraud protections or purchase protections – not cards or services like PayPal with chargeback capabilities. This limits options to recover lost money.
- Since Elevermint store likely maintains no real inventory or supply chain relationships, they cannot fulfill orders. Customers predictably report never receiving items. The site pockets payments and stalls until disappearing.
These indicators reveal an enterprise built on taking advance payments then evading accountability – a scam through and through.
Aggregating User Complaints Affirm It’s a Fraudulent Business
While Elevermint.store publishes glowing (but fake) reviews, angry scam reports accumulated rapidly after launch:
- Multiple users across scam warning sites have reported placing orders that never arrived. The site ceases replying to inquiries post-purchase.
- Comments detail bait-and-switch tactics like shipping incorrect or low-quality items. Tracking numbers lead nowhere.
- Users attempting refunds via bank transfers discover reversals fail as the site empties accounts quickly. The site gives no real location to pursue legal recourse.
- Analyses of financial statements and records are impossible given it’s anonymity. However, the data likely shows minimal overhead costs as the enterprise does not move or sell actual goods. High profit percentages typify scam schemes.
Without tangible infrastructure for warehousing, shipping, or personnel to provide support, It fails in all aspects of order fulfillment and customer service – the core of retail.
The Verdict: Can Elevermint Be Considered a Legit Sports Store?
Given the entirety of our investigation’s findings, it exhibits no features expected from a lawful, compliant merchant. Our analysis categorizes Elevermint store as an illegitimate scam operation established to defraud customers for fast cash.
All evidence – from deceptive marketing claims to financial trickery preventing refunds – points to criminally-motivated deceit rather than a genuine shopping website. Considering ongoing consumer complaints about fraud and theft, claims of legitimacy seem not just unfounded but ridiculous.
We advise all consumers to avoid Elevermint.store when looking for authentic, licensed sports merchandise. Instead, shop only with reputable, long-standing retailers that offer satisfaction guarantees and protections.
In summary, through our in-depth investigation into this suspicious newcomer store, it fails to display even minimum standards of integrity or lawful conduct. Customers should stay far away from this unscrupulous scam business.
|350 W Washington St, Tempe,
AZ 85281, United States
|Legit or Scam:
|Appears to be a Fraud site
Have you been the victim of the site’s scam? Share your review in the comments below to warn others!
1. Is Elevermint.store a real or fake website?
Elevermint online store shows multiple signs of being a fake website. It includes a lack of company details or real contact information, recently registered domain name, implausibly low prices, fabricated reviews and endorsements, use of irreversible payment methods, and failure to deliver purchased products – indicating it was set up to scam customers.
2. Does it offer any customer service or support?
No, it provides no legitimate customer service. Its listed email address and physical address are the same non-functional details. Users report the site ceasing all communication with buyers post-purchase when inquiries inevitably arise over absent orders. There is no way to reliably contact company management regarding issues.
3. Can I get a refund if I shop at Elevermint and don’t receive my order?
Refunds are essentially impossible with Elevermint.store. User reported that its payment methods like bank transfers have no purchase protection. It’s best to avoid them.
4. Is it safe to order from the store?
No, Elever mint cannot be considered a safe website to order from based on analysis revealing its outright scam operations. Customers frequently report never receiving items ordered or being sent inferior or incorrect products. It is not a legitimate business.
Recommendations to Avoid Shopping Scams Like Elevermint.store
While scam stores like this site certainly seem prominent around the holidays, some simple precautions go a long way when shopping:
- Research unfamiliar sites thoroughly before purchasing, checking complaint platforms like Trustpilot for feedback.
- Verify discounts through price history sites: if a retailer lacks records, it likely lacks legitimacy as well.
- Avoid sites using pressure tactics conveying false scarcity or urgency. Limited-time offers can be warning signs.
- Never pay via bank transfer, wire transfer, gift cards, cryptocurrency or other irreversible means unless you fully trust the recipient. Choose credit cards whenever possible to enable chargebacks.
We hope this expose can help prevent readers from being swindled by fake stores like Elevermint.store. Following some best practices around assessing and paying merchants carefully will reduce chances of fraud.
Stay vigilant and keep your wallet safe from sites making unbelievable promises that seem too good to be true.