Comstylish is an online retail store that advertises heavily discounted fashion apparel and home goods. At first glance, the site appears professional and legitimate. However, looking closer reveals concerning red flags indicating this company may be a total scam.
This investigative article uncovers the truth about Comstylish.com. We analyze in-depth evidence exposing deceptive practices to determine if it is a real e-commerce business or an elaborate fraud exploiting customers. Read on to protect yourself from potentially losing money on this suspicious platform.
Overview of Comstylish Online Store Scam
Comstylish launched its English-language website around July 2022 and operates from China. It aggressively markets women’s and men’s clothing on social media for prices 60-90% below major retailers.
The site claims to focus on sustainable fashion and excellent service. However, the lack of transparency around its owners, supply chains, and quality control raises doubts.
Here are the most common scam techniques used by Comstylish based on research and victim reports:
- Bait customers with unrealistic discounts and fake limited-time deals.
- Collect payments but never fulfill orders.
- Send cheap counterfeit or poor quality items if any products arrive.
- Refuse returns and refunds through onerous policies and ignoring customer complaints.
- Fail to provide working contact details for inquiries or support.
- Delete negative reviews and feedback to appear legitimate.
- Plagiarize policies from other sites instead of drafting its own robust terms.
These shady practices result in angry customers demanding refunds for undelivered items, low-quality products, or blatant scams.
Revealing the Mechanics Behind the Comstylish Swindle
The Comstylish E-commerce racket follows a carefully orchestrated formula to deceive and take advantage of customers.
1. Lure Victims Through Social Media and Spam
Comstylish blankets social platforms like Facebook, Instagram and TikTok with sponsored posts touting deals up to 90% off. Links lead to the website with stolen product images and descriptions. Email spam campaigns also direct targets to the site.
2. Dupe Shoppers with Deceptive Discounts
On the site, nearly every product shows “discounts” of 50-90% off MSRP. Countdown timers pressure customers to grab the incredible bargains before time expires. In reality, the MSRP is invented and products cost a fraction to manufacture.
3. Collect Payments and Victims’ Personal Information
At checkout, Comstylish requires users’ full name, address, email, phone number and credit card or Paypal information. Victims report after entering payment details, additional hidden fees are added.
4. Never Fulfill Orders or Send Inferior Goods
Customers say after submitting payment, orders disappear. Nothing arrives for most, while some receive cheap knock-offs made with poor quality materials clearly not as advertised.
5. Profit While Ignoring Complaints
According to users, attempts to contact the site owner result in ignored emails and lack of phone or chat support. The company blocks users complaining on social media. Without resolving issues, the site keeps ill-gotten payments while victims are left powerless.
This scam playbook allows the criminal owners to operate the Comstylish fraud indefinitely since angry customers have no legitimate channels for recourse.
User Reviews and Complaints Revealed the Truth
Customers swindled by the Comstylish.com fraud expose their horrific experiences through 1-star reviews and complaints across the web. Here are direct quotes showing this company is selling lies:
I ordered 2 sweatshirts as Christmas gifts. After 6 weeks, still nothing arrived. I tried canceling repeatedly but they kept saying wait longer. Now Christmas is over, no gifts and out $60.
This company is straight fraud. No way to contact them after placing order. Cheap product photos are fake – actual items are crap quality. Never buying again.
Comstylish is a ripoff!! Bought 3 shirts and got 1 shirt not even the one I ordered. Can’t get refund since they make you pay shipping back to China. Stay away from this garbage site.
Horrible customer service. No working phone or email support after they already have your money. I tried returning damaged goods and they wanted me to pay $80 shipping.
Shipment took over a month to deliver. When I tried on the dress it was 3 sizes too small, nothing like the website picture at all. Total scam!
These are just a handful of the many seething complaints against Comstylish across consumer sites. Customers feel cheated by the bait-and-switch and are unable to get resolution from this sham company.
Truth Revealed: Is Comstylish a Real Store or a Shopping Scam?
Given the shady background, stolen content and avalanche of negative experiences, all signs conclusively point to Comstylish.com being an outright scam masquerading as a legitimate e-commerce store.
The evidence proving Comstylish is a fraudulent operation includes:
- Created recently in 2022, a huge red flag. Most major stores have years or decades of history.
- No business licenses, company registry records or documentation of legal incorporation could be found.
- Physical address in China is admitted to not be a valid return location, raising doubts over its authenticity.
- No working phone, email or live chat customer service options.
- Refusal to provide mailing addresses for returns sent directly from scam victims.
- Deleting Facebook comments, banning users from pages and hiding negative responses to create the illusion of satisfied customers.
- Whois domain registry is hidden through proxy service to conceal the owners’ identities.
- Plagiarized policies, product listings and other site content copied from competitors. No original business details.
- Not a single independent review from a verified real customer praising or recommending the store could be found anywhere online.
With zero evidence the site is a lawful corporation with honest business practices, consumers must conclude it is a fraudulent front scamming visitors without remorse.
|+1513 443 5372
|Room 3J86, Building 8, Jiahe Liangku Cultural and Creative Park,
No. 1-8 Wenping Road, Siming District, Xiamen
|Legit or Scam:
|Appears to be a Fraud site
Have you been scammed by the site? Share your shopping experience in the comments below to warn others!
How to Identify Fake Online E-commerce Stores
While scammers are savvy at making their shady websites appear legit, some research techniques can expose their deceptive nature:
- Search company name online – Authentic brands have internet history, satisfied customers and complaints if issues arise. Shady sites have no history.
- Look up website domain info – Fraud sites use private domain registration to hide owners. Legit businesses display their company name and contact info.
- Research prices – If prices are 50-90% below everywhere else, it is a scam using false discounts to lure victims.
- Verify advertised discounts – Scammers post fake sales which don’t apply at checkout. Review advertised vs. order totals carefully.
- Check site security – Secure sites use HTTPS and have certifications like Norton Verified or McAfee SECURE. Unsecured sites should not handle payments.
- Read terms and conditions – If it has poorly written or outright copied policy pages instead of tailored terms from a real legal team.
- Seek independent reviews – Authentic customer appraisals must be found to earn trust. Lack of any reviews indicates a fraudulent business.
While not foolproof, applying these fraud detection strategies helps identify deceitful e-commerce platforms like Comstylish seeking only to scam rather than satisfy real shoppers.
What to do if You Get Scammed
If you unfortunately already fell victim to the scam, take these steps to try recovering losses and protecting yourself:
- File complaints – Report the fraud to the FTC and FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center so authorities can investigate the scam operation.
- Dispute credit card payments – If paid by credit card, request a chargeback for services not rendered. Provide evidence of the fraud.
- Contact your bank – For bank account payments, call your bank to report fraudulent charges. Your bank may be able to reverse the payments.
- Leave online reviews – Post details of the deceptive experience on consumer review sites to warn others not to fall for the trickery.
- Monitor accounts – Check bank statements routinely for signs of any misuse of stolen payment information by the scammers.
- Reset passwords – Change passwords on any online accounts that used the same credentials entered on the fraudulent site to prevent access.
- Watch out for phishing scams – Be extra vigilant about suspicious emails with links or attachments which could contain malware or attempt further theft.
- Learn from the experience – Study how you were deceived so you can recognize the red flags next time and avoid falling for similar e-commerce scams.
Frequently Asked Questions about Comstylish.com
1. Is it Legit or a Chinese scam website?
No, the site exhibits all the signs of an e-commerce scam website run out of China. The domain was registered using Chinese registrars, the site is hosted on Chinese servers, and the company address is in the city of Xiamen, China.
2. How does the swindle work?
By luring victims with fake discounts, collecting payments but never shipping products, sending poor quality knock-offs, ignoring customer service complaints, and blocking refunds through difficult policies. This allows them to profit while minimizing accountability.
3. How can I get my money back from the site?
Unfortunately, recovering losses from scams is very difficult. Try disputing the charges with your bank or credit card company and reporting details to the FTC. But the likelihood of getting funds returned directly from the scammers is very low.
5. How can I tell if an online store is a scam or real business?
Investigate their online reputation, research the domain information, double check discounts and prices, read reviews from real verified buyers, check security certifications on the site, examine policies for errors, and look for transparency about who owns the company.
The Bottom Line
Here are the some key highlights from the whole investigation:
- Avoid Comstylish.com – It is an outright deceptive website that will steal your money and information. No products will arrive or they will be appallingly substandard.
- Report – File detailed fraudulent complaints so legal authorities can pursue action to takedown this fraudulent site and penalize the criminals behind it.
- Shop carefully online – Only use well-known legitimate online stores with real histories, contact info, policies, certifications, and countless independent reviews.
- Recognize too-good-to-be-true deals – If an offer seems unreal—like 90% off—it definitely is. Discounted prices that seem unrealistic aim to bait victims into scams.
- Research before buying – Search site domain info, company name online for reputation details, and investigate customer complaints. Confirm businesses are real before purchasing.
In summary, extensive evidence confirms Comstylish is an elaborate scam website falsely posing as an online fashion store to prey on customers. Learn the warning signs of e-commerce frauds and conduct diligent research before buying to avoid this predatory fraud platform designed only to swindle consumers.