Have you recently received calls from phone number 602-357-4100? You’re not alone – based on dozens of user reviews, many people across the U.S. have reported being contacted by this number. But is this caller (6023574100) legitimate or fake? Could it be a scam? This news article dives into the details and warnings around this mysterious Arizona-based number.
Caller Id Details of +16023574100
To start, here is what we know about phone number 602-357-4100:
- The number traces back to Phoenix, Arizona, registered to Global Crossing Local Services, Inc. – AZ. This indicates the caller could be located in the Phoenix area.
- There are 14 negative user reviews associated with the number attesting to it being an unsolicited, suspicious, or fraudulent caller.
- Call types linked to the number include scam calls, telemarketers, and debt collectors.
While the number appears affiliated with a legitimate carrier in Phoenix, the call types and negative ratings suggest the calls themselves may not be legitimate.
Could it be a debt collector? Some users identified Midland Credit, a debt collection agency, as the caller. But in one case, a person debated whether it was indeed Midland Credit or an impersonator.
So is 6023574100 a real debt collector or scammer posing as one? Let’s explore further based on user reviews and complaints.
User Reviews and Complaints: What are people saying about calls from 602-357-4100?
Numerous suspicious call reports and negative comments have been logged about +1 (602) 357-4100. Here is a summary of user reviews:
- Silent calls – Multiple users reported answering only to find no one speaking on the other end of the line before eventually being hung up on.
- Scam calls – Some labeled the calls definitively as scams or suspected scams, with one person noting the caller asked for personal information.
- Harassing telemarketers – More than one user described the unwanted calls as harassing or unsolicited telemarketers.
- Wrong number debt collection – A user reported being contacted repeatedly by Midland Credit claiming to collect a debt, but felt it was the wrong person they were pursuing.
- Hang-ups – Some commented the caller hung up immediately or almost right away when they answered.
- Call avoidance – Many indicated never answering the call in the first place upon seeing the suspicious-looking number.
With no positive reviews and a preponderance of questionable call details and suspected scam/spam behavior, user complaints paint phone number 602-357-4100 as highly likely to be illegitimate.
The Verdict: Is 6023574100 a legitimate caller or a scam?
Given the information above from user reviews, we would classify +16023574100 as having a high probability of being an abusive robocaller or scam caller versus a legitimate business.
Hallmarks of scam calls seem to apply in this case:
- Silent calls
- Quick hang-ups
- Repeat harassing contacts
- Lack of identifying information
- Suspected impersonation (e.g. fake debt collectors)
And with multiple scam warnings coming directly from users who answered the calls, evidence strongly suggests to avoid the number to protect yourself from potential fraud.
While scammers frequently spoof legitimate business numbers, the lack of any positive reviews or experiences points to 602-357-4100 likely being purely illegitimate. We advise considering it a fraudulent caller and using caution around any communication.
|+16023574100 / (602) 357-4100
|Silent calls, hang ups, repeat contacts, lack of identifying info, alleged debt collection
|Global Crossing Local Services, Inc. – AZ
|# of Negative Reviews:
|Reported Call Types:
|Scam calls, Telemarketers, Debt collectors
|Avoid and block number, do not engage
|Spoofing, Robocalls, Phishing
|Actions if Called:
|Do not answer, hang up immediately, report number
|Info to Avoid Sharing:
|Personal information, Banking details, SSN
|Legit or Scam:
|High probability of scam based on user reviews
1. Is (602) 357-4100 a real business number or scammer?
Based on multiple negative user reviews citing suspicious behavior, 602 357 4100 shows high probability of being an illegal robocaller or scam caller rather than a legitimate business.
2. What happens if I answer a call from 6023574100?
Users who have answered calls from this number report several concerning experiences including silent calls, hang ups, requests for personal information, and aggressive debt collection calls that seem fraudulent. It’s best not to engage.
3. How can I get +1602-357-4100 to stop calling me?
Your best approach is not answering to begin with and blocking the number from being able to contact you again. Never engage with suspected scam callers as it often leads to repeat calls. Report them to authorities.
4. What are some tips to prevent scam phone calls?
Recommendations include using robocall blocking tools, not answering calls from unknown numbers, hanging up quickly on suspicious callers, reporting phone scams, and refraining from sharing sensitive personal information over the phone with unverified parties.
How to identify and avoid potential scam calls
To avoid falling victim to illegal scam calls like the suspected case of 6023574100, here are tips to protect yourself:
- Be wary of unknown callers – Let unknown calls go to voicemail and carefully screen them before calling back questionable-looking numbers.
- Check online complaints – Do a quick online search for any reports/complaints associated with mystery phone numbers to uncover potential scams.
- Never share personal information – Whether a real debt collector or scammer, avoid providing sensitive info like banking details or SSNs without verifying legitimacy.
- Report scam suspicions – File FCC/FTC complaints about illegal scam calls to help authorities crack down on bad actors.
- Consider call blocking – Make use of robocall blocking apps and mobile features helping prevent unwanted calls/spam.
By being an informed consumer and applying smart call screening habits, you can reduce exposure to telephonic scams and fraud.
The Bottom Line
- Phone number 602-357-4100 traces back to Arizona but has amassed 14 negative user reviews reporting it as suspicious, harassing, and potentially fraudulent based on first-hand call experiences.
- Call types associated with the number include scams, telemarketers, and debt collectors. Numerous users advise avoiding or not answering the caller ID.
- Strong indicators of scam calls apply in this case, including silent calls, quick hang ups, repeated contacts, and lack of legitimately identifying information being provided by the caller.
- With no positive reviews and multiple warnings citing suspected scams or fraud, +16023574100 shows high probability of being an illegal robocaller or phishing scheme, making calls from the number risky to engage with.
- Use smart call screening habits and report suspicious numbers to protect yourself against potential telephonic scams. Search online complaints and avoid sharing information with unverified parties.
In closing, user feedback overwhelmingly points to phone number 602-357-4100 being an abusive scam caller versus trustworthy legitimate business or debt collector. Apply caution in handling communication and report suspicious behavior to help curb illegal telephonic fraud. Share your experiences in the comments if you have received calls from this Arizona-based number as well.