Are you looking for the perfect set of color pens for your mandala art? With so many options on the market, it can be overwhelming to find the right ones. But don’t worry, we’ve done the research for you and compiled a list of the top 10 best color pens for mandala art. From vibrant colors to smooth ink flow, these pens will help bring your mandala creations to life.
Before we delve into the world of color pens for mandala art, let’s take a brief look at what mandala art is. Mandala is a Sanskrit word that means “circle” or “center.” It is a spiritual symbol used in Hinduism and Buddhism to represent the universe. In art, mandalas are circular patterns that can be found in various cultures around the world. However, creating mandalas is a meditative practice that promotes relaxation, mindfulness, and focus.
Top 10 Best Color Pens for Mandala Art of June, 2023
Now that you know the different types of pens for mandala art and the factors to consider when choosing the best pens, let’s take a closer look at the top ten best color pens for mandala art:
1. Sakura Gelly Roll Pens
The Sakura Gelly Roll pens are a favorite among mandala artists. They come in a wide range of colors, including metallics and glitters, and have a smooth, flowing ink that glides effortlessly on paper. They also have archival quality ink, making them fade-resistant and perfect for creating long-lasting mandalas.
- Ideal for gifting purpose.
- Comes as Pack of 12
- Features Fluorescent quality.
- Item Type Name: Gel Ink Rollerball Pens
2. Staedtler Coloured Pigment Liner Pens
The Staedtler Pigment Liner pens are another popular choice for mandala art. They have a fine tip that allows you to create intricate details and lines, and the ink is water-resistant and smudge-proof. They also have a comfortable grip that allows you to use them for extended periods.
- For writing, sketching and drawing
- Waterproof on paper, lightfast and indelible
- Airplane safe
- Colours – Red, green, blue, violet, brown and orange
- Made in Germany
3. Tombow Dual Brush Pens
The Tombow Dual Brush pens are a versatile choice for mandala art. They have a brush tip on one end that allows you to create a range of strokes, from fine lines to bold strokes, and a fine tip on the other end for more detailed work. They are also water-soluble, making them perfect for blending colors and creating gradients.
4. Faber-Castell Pitt Artist Pens
The Faber-Castell Pitt Artist pens are a high-quality choice for mandala art. Similarly, they have a fine tip that allows you to create intricate details and lines, and the ink is waterproof and fade-resistant. They also have a comfortable grip that allows you to use them for extended periods without hand fatigue.
- Long life
- Convenient to use
- Indian ink extremely fade-resistant and water proof
5. Prismacolor Premier Fine Line Markers
The Prismacolor Premier Fine Line markers are a popular choice for larger mandalas. They have a broad tip that allows you to cover more surface area quickly, and the ink is water-resistant and smudge-proof. They also come in a wide range of colors, making them perfect for creating vibrant designs.
- Richly pigmented ink creates powerful, vivid works of art
- Ink is acid free, lightfast, permanent, water resistant, smear resistant when dry and doesn?t bleed through paper
- Fine 05 point is ideal for creating crisp details and technical applications
- Premium ink with unmatched color consistency
- 8 Pack- Includes Black, Red, Blue, Green, Brown, Purple, Orange and Sepia illustration markers
6. Copic Sketch Markers
Copic Sketch markers are a favorite among professional artists for their high-quality ink, blendability, and range of colors. Moreover, they are perfect for adding bold, vibrant colors to your mandala art. With 358 colors available, you’re sure to find the perfect shades for your artwork.
- Packaged in a clear plastic case, a copic set is the ideal way to begin or add to a marker collection
- Refillable markers and replaceable nibs; compatible with copic air brush system
- Alcohol-based ink is pemranent and non-toxic; dries acid free
7. Derwent Inktense Pencils
Derwent Inktense watercolor pencils are unique because they become ink-like when water is added. They are great for adding vibrant, intense colors to your mandala art. They are also versatile, as they can be used dry for more controlled color application.
- VIBRANT SHADES – The round 4mm soft lead core is perfect for bold expressive drawings. The highly pigmented colour is easy to apply and produces a vibrant finish. Includes a range of 24 colours. Give the gift of creativity this holiday season!
- WATER SOLUBLE – Expand your creative possibilities. Water soluble pencils can be used dry for expressive drawings, or washed out with water to create a bright, yet translucent ink-like effect
- PERMANENT COLOUR – Pigments dry quickly and permanently when washed out, minimizing colour bleeding. Once dry, colours can be placed next to each other or layered, without fear of colour bleeding
- SURFACE VARIETY – Switch up your artistic canvas. As the colour dries permanently, it’s great on fabrics such as silk or cotton. Can also easily be used on paper. Modify the use to fit your project
- COLOUR CREATION – Make custom shades by mixing colours together. You can also obtain lighter shades of the same colour by adding water. Mix colours to create a truly unique piece of art
8. Pentel Sign Pen Brush Tip
Pentel Sign Pen Brush Tip pens are great for adding brush-like strokes to your mandala art. They are perfect for creating a watercolor effect or adding calligraphy-style lettering. They come in a range of colors and are easy to use, making them a great option for beginners.
- Unique, Flexible Tip Produces Responsive And Expressive Brush Work.
- Brush Sign Pen With Water-Based Dye Ink.
- Ideal For Graphics, Illustrations And Calligraphy.
9. Uni Posca Paint Markers
Uni Posca Paint markers are perfect for adding opaque, vibrant colors to your mandala art. They can be used on a variety of surfaces, including paper, canvas, and even rocks. They are also waterproof and fade-resistant, making them a great option for outdoor artwork.
- The water-based pigment ink is non-toxic, lightfast and waterproof
- excellent for vibrant signs and craft work
- Quality product
10. Arteza Real Brush Pens
Arteza Real Brush pens have a brush tip that allows for a range of strokes, from fine lines to broad strokes. In addition, they are great for adding detail and color to your mandala art. With 96 colors available, you’re sure to find the perfect shades for your artwork.
- Endless Creative Options: Use your Arteza Paint Brush Pens with water to create delicate watercolor effects. Or, use without water for dry-brush painting, sketching, coloring, calligraphy & more.
- Mess-Free Watercolors: These paint markers give you precision control, so you can easily do everything from light pastel washes to subtle shading & gradients. Without fuss, muss, mess, or worry.
- Like Real Brushes (Only Better): Each brush pen has a soft, supple tip made of durable nylon brush hairs. Use the tip’s tapered point to create thin lines. Brush down for thicker lines & strokes.
- Safe, Nontoxic & Guaranteed: ACMI-certified for safety, your Arteza painting & drawing pens come with our special promise: If you have problems, just let us know & we’ll send you a free replacement.
What is Mandala Art?
Mandala art is a form of meditative art that involves creating intricate, circular patterns using various colors and designs. Meanwhile, to achieve the best results, you need the right mandala equipment tools, and pens are an essential part of your arsenal.
Types of Pens for Mandala Art
There are various types of pens you can use for mandala art. Meanwhile, the type of pen you choose will depend on your personal preference and the type of mandala you want to create. Here are some of the most popular types of pens for mandala art:
1. Gel Pens
Gel pens are a popular choice for mandala art because they come in a wide range of colors and are easy to use. In addition, they have a smooth, flowing ink that glides easily on paper, making it ideal for intricate designs.
2. Fineliner Pens
Fineliner pens have a fine tip that allows you to create intricate details and lines. They are available in different thicknesses, allowing you to vary the width of your lines. They are also water-resistant, which is useful if you want to add watercolors to your mandala.
3. Brush Pens
Brush pens have a flexible tip that allows you to create a range of strokes, from fine lines to bold strokes. They are also water-soluble, which means you can blend colors and create gradients.
Markers are a popular choice for larger mandalas as they have a broader tip that allows you to cover more surface area quickly. They also come in a wide range of colors, making them perfect for creating vibrant designs.
How to Choose the Best Color Pens for Mandala Art
When choosing the best pens for mandala art, there are several factors you need to consider. Here are some of the most important ones:
1. Color Range
The color range of the pens is essential when creating mandalas. You need pens that come in a variety of colors to create vibrant and intricate designs. Look for pens that have a wide range of colors, including pastels, metallics, and neon.
2. Ink Quality
The quality of the ink is also essential. Moreover, you should use pens that have a consistent flow of ink and don’t skip or smudge. Similarly, look for pens that have archival ink, which means they are fade-resistant and won’t yellow over time.
3. Tip Size
The tip size of the pen is crucial when creating mandalas. You should use pens with a fine tip that allows you to create intricate details and lines. On the other hand, look for pens with tips that range from 0.3mm to 0.8mm.
4. Comfort and Grip
Creating mandalas can be a time-consuming process, so it’s essential to have pens that are comfortable to hold and don’t cause hand fatigue. However, Look for pens with a comfortable grip that allows you to create intricate designs for an extended period.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Mandala art is a form of meditative art that involves creating intricate, circular patterns using various colors and designs.
The best color pens for mandala art include Sakura Gelly Roll pens, Staedtler Pigment Liner pens, Tombow Dual Brush pens, Faber-Castell Pitt Artist pens, and Prismacolor Premier Fine Line markers.
When choosing pens for mandala art, consider factors such as color range, ink quality, tip size, and comfort and grip.
Yes, you can use other types of pens for mandala art, such as ballpoint pens or felt-tip pens. However, the pens mentioned in this article are specifically designed for creating mandalas and will provide you with the best results.
No, you don’t need to use expensive pens for mandala art. However, investing in high-quality can provide a smoother and more vibrant coloring experience, there are many affordable options that can work just as well.
It’s best to use a heavier weight paper for mandala art to prevent bleeding or smudging. Bristol board or watercolor paper are good options.
Yes, you can mix different types of pens when creating mandala art. Just be sure to test them on a separate piece of paper first to make sure they work well together.
Practice is key when it comes to improving your mandala art skills. Experiment with different shapes, colors, and patterns, and don’t be afraid to make mistakes.
Yes, many of the pens on this list are suitable for beginners. Just choose a pen that feels comfortable in your hand and start practicing.
Creating mandala art can be a relaxing and meditative practice, but having the right pens is essential to achieving the best results. When choosing the best color pens for mandala art, consider factors such as color range, ink quality, tip size, and comfort and grip. The top 10 best color pens for mandala art include Sakura Gelly Roll pens, Staedtler Pigment Liner pens, Tombow Dual Brush pens, Faber-Castell Pitt Artist pens, and Prismacolor Premier Fine Line markers. With the right pens, you can create beautiful and intricate mandalas that bring you joy and relaxation.